[pulseaudio-discuss] Changing default soundcard on attach/detach of soundcards

Marco Ballesio gibrovacco at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 01:37:29 PDT 2010

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:

> Now, incorporating what you suggest, I guess I have nothing against a
> specific module that actually manipulates a given priority list for you.
> e.g. you could have a module-prefer-usb-for-music module that actually
> implements your desired behaviour in a purely modular fashion by
> automatically rearranging your music priority list for you. Personally I
> think most users would not want it, but for those who do they can load it.

sorry for jumping in the thread so late, but having worked on
something similar I think a suitable project already exists. It is the
"resource policy", based on ohm, the git repo is at:

http://meego.gitorious.org/maemo-multimedia/ohm

Through this tool it's possible to seamlessly handle whatever we can
consider a resource (CPU, memory, audio sink/source) depending on the
system state, which may change after particular events occur (e.g.
audio jack insertion or removal).

Many meta-informations like a proper wiki page are missing there
though, but still it's worth a consideration imho, as the project can
be considered as already quite stable (let's say it's at production
level for some targets).

Regards