[pulseaudio-discuss] {PATCH][RFC] AC3 passthrough support

Michael Rans mcarans at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 11 02:26:04 PDT 2010

That's the the problem - as you put it "both sinks (spdif/stereo and spdif/a52)
can't exist at the same time".

If A52 encoding occurred in Pulseaudio, there would only be one sink, hence the
switch between stereo and A52 would be transparent and could occur even while
the music is playing (with a small interruption).

Is the A52 profile in Ubuntu Lucid 10.04LTS?

Cheers,
Mike