[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio Applet Gnome icon

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jun 1 04:38:12 PDT 2010

'Twas brillig, and Josu Lazkano at 01/06/10 09:45 did gyre and gimble:
> Hello, I have Debian Squeeze OS with Gnome, I installed PulseAudio and
> it works great. The version is "Package: pulseaudio (0.9.21-1)".
>
> I have a little problem with PulseAudio Applet icon on the system try,
> there is not any icon: http://i45.tinypic.com/v6q8o5.png
>
> Where I can config it?

The "PulseAudio Applet" I'm guessing is padevchooser? If so, this is not
longer supported or recommended for general usage. It sets strange
settings that interfere with proper usage and thus was deprecated a
couple years ago.

But to answer the question, it likely uses the "audio-card" icon. This
should be part of your icon theme - it's used in several other places too.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]