[pulseaudio-discuss] difference between Gnome Sound Preferences and PulseAudio Volume Control

Piscium groknok at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 08:47:25 PDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 8:31 AM, Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee at gmail.com> wrote:
> Gmail is pretty good in the sense that it lets you do text-only by
> default. However the cursor defaults to the top of the email, which is
> okay if you're already in the habit of bottom-posting. The best part of
> gmail for ML subscription is the threaded view which is far and away the
> best in ANY offline/web-based client. Thunderbird 3's comes close, but
> no cigar just yet.

+1 for Gmail. I couldn't handle the barrage of emails if it wasn't for
its threading.

If you use Firefox you may have an option for bottom posting. I
remember having a Gmail add-in that would let you do this. I'm not
sure if it's compatible with current Firefox as I'm on Chrome now but
it may be worth looking at.

Richard

Thanks, Ng and Richard. I have now created a Gmail account, and
subscribed to this list with the new account.

I did a few tests and Gmail does properly the two things where Yahoo
fails, namely, properly indenting with '>' and breaking the line at 72
characters.

I was looking for the relevant settings and could not find them.
Nevertheless the default behaviour seems fine so that is OK.

P.