[pulseaudio-discuss] Bluetooth headset on PA

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Jun 10 15:47:26 PDT 2010

'Twas brillig, and Josu Lazkano at 10/06/10 21:40 did gyre and gimble:
> Hello, I have a Debian Squeeze laptop, I am using the same OS on other
> laptop and I can use a bt headset to speak with Skype. When I connect
> (pairing) the headset I can select the bt device and I can use it, but
> not with the other laptop.
>
> This is my bt device info:
>
> # hciconfig features
> hci0:	Type: BR/EDR  Bus: USB
> 	BD Address: 00:10:C6:xx:xx:xx  ACL MTU: 377:10  SCO MTU: 16:0
> 	UP RUNNING PSCAN ISCAN
> 	RX bytes:5691 acl:77 sco:51 events:125 errors:2
> 	TX bytes:2239 acl:81 sco:0 commands:43 errors:0
>
> I don't know what info put here, can you help with this?
>
> Thanks for all.

I believe some bluetooth adapters can be a bit temperamental, but I
don't know any details.

You can try testing with an external USB Bluetooth dongle, or a
different headset if you have one.

You may actually get a more detailed response on the issues from someone
over at bluez.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]