[pulseaudio-discuss] Changing default soundcard on attach/detach of soundcards

Geralt usr.gentoo at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 11 14:37:18 PDT 2010

Hi everybody,

I've got an onboard soundcard and two usb soundcards and I'd like it
if pulseaudio could switch automatically the default sound card (or
default sink to be more precise) depending on the soundcards that are
currently plugged in. Is this possible?

In case it's not clear what I want, let me explain it on an example:

I've got three soundcards: my onboard card (sd1), my usb card (sd2)
and my headset (sd3) and I want the default card to be the one with
the highest numbering in the sdX naming scheme that is currently
attached to the system.

Thanks,

Geralt.