[pulseaudio-discuss] Problem when loading module-always-sink or module-alsa-sink

Maginot Junior maginot.junior at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 10:59:27 PDT 2010

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 3:57 AM, Tanu Kaskinen <tanuk at iki.fi> wrote:
> la, 2010-03-13 kello 14:59 -0300, Maginot Junior kirjoitti:
>> So I tried to ran pulseaudio with -vvvv option, this is the output:
>>
>> $ LANG=c pulseaudio -vvvv
>>
>> I: main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_NICE, (31, 31)) failed: Operation not permitted
>> I: main.c: setrlimit(RLIMIT_RTPRIO, (9, 9)) failed: Operation not permitted
>> D: core-rtclock.c: Timer slack is set to 50 us.
>> I: core-util.c: Failed to acquire high-priority scheduling: No such
>> file or directory
>> I: main.c: This is PulseAudio 0.9.21
>> D: main.c: Compilation host: i686-pc-linux-gnu
>> D: main.c: Compilation CFLAGS: -g -O2 -Wall -W -Wextra -pipe
>> -Wno-long-long -Winline -Wvla -Wno-overlength-strings
>> -Wunsafe-loop-optimizations -Wundef -Wformat=2 -Wlogical-op
>> -Wsign-compare -Wformat-security -Wmissing-include-dirs
>> -Wformat-nonliteral -Wold-style-definition -Wpointer-arith -Winit-self
>> -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wfloat-equal -Wmissing-prototypes
>> -Wstrict-prototypes -Wredundant-decls -Wmissing-declarations
>> -Wmissing-noreturn -Wshadow -Wendif-labels -Wcast-align
>> -Wstrict-aliasing=2 -Wwrite-strings -Wno-unused-parameter -ffast-math
>> -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fno-common -fdiagnostics-show-option
>> D: main.c: Running on host: Linux i686 2.6.30.2 #2 SMP Wed Jan 27
>> 17:14:41 BRST 2010
>> D: main.c: Found 1 CPUs.
>> I: main.c: Page size is 4096 bytes
>> D: main.c: Compiled with Valgrind support: no
>> D: main.c: Running in valgrind mode: no
>> D: main.c: Running in VM: yes
>> D: main.c: Optimized build: yes
>> D: main.c: All asserts enabled.
>> I: main.c: Machine ID is avant.
>> I: main.c: Using runtime directory /home/maginot/.pulse/avant-runtime.
>> I: main.c: Using state directory /home/maginot/.pulse.
>> I: main.c: Using modules directory /usr/lib/pulse-0.9.21/modules.
>> I: main.c: Running in system mode: no
>> W: pid.c: Stale PID file, overwriting.
>> I: main.c: Fresh high-resolution timers available! Bon appetit!
>> I: cpu-x86.c: CPU flags: MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE4_1
>> I: svolume_mmx.c: Initialising MMX optimized functions.
>> I: remap_mmx.c: Initialising MMX optimized remappers.
>> I: svolume_sse.c: Initialising SSE2 optimized functions.
>> I: remap_sse.c: Initialising SSE2 optimized remappers.
>> I: sconv_sse.c: Initialising SSE2 optimized conversions.
>> D: memblock.c: Using shared memory pool with 1024 slots of size 64.0
>> KiB each, total size is 64.0 MiB, maximum usable slot size is 65496
>> D: database-gdbm.c: Opened GDBM database
>> '/home/maginot/.pulse/avant-device-volumes.i686-pc-linux-gnu.gdbm'
>> I: module-device-restore.c: Sucessfully opened database file
>> '/home/maginot/.pulse/avant-device-volumes'.
>> I: module.c: Loaded "module-device-restore" (index: #0; argument: "").
>> D: database-gdbm.c: Opened GDBM database
>> '/home/maginot/.pulse/avant-stream-volumes.i686-pc-linux-gnu.gdbm'
>> I: module-stream-restore.c: Sucessfully opened database file
>> '/home/maginot/.pulse/avant-stream-volumes'.
> [...]

Hi Tanu,

before I file a bug let me answer some of your questions. Yes,
default.pa I'm using is the one shipped with 0.9.21 indeed. You told
about the problem being with module-udev-detect, but the fact is that
at anytime I had disabled him, and using module-alsa-sink and
module-always-sink always triggers the problem, that's why I related
the problem to those modules.

I don't know if this will be of any help, but I'm developing my distro
inside VirtualBox, I remember of sawing a post of Colin Guthrie which
Lennart answered too about some problem with PA and VM
(http://www.mail-archive.com/pulseaudio-discuss@mail.0pointer.de/msg01293.html),
well I had discarded the idea of the problem being with the VirtualBox
since I copied my system direct to a real box and the problem
persisted there too, but at this point I really don't know if it is
related or not.

Do you think this problem is related with this specific version of PA?
Maybe I could try using an other version, like 0.9.19 same I have on
my Ubuntu.

[ ]'s

---
Maginot Jr