[pulseaudio-discuss] Disable channel remixing

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed May 5 00:27:22 PDT 2010

'Twas brillig, and Tanu Kaskinen at 05/05/10 07:22 did gyre and gimble:
> On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 00:12 +0200, Pepijn Schmitz wrote:
>> Is there any way I can change this behaviour? I want stereo audio to
>> be played over the left and right speakers only (possibly the center
>> speaker too), and only 5.1 audio to use the rear speakers and the LFE
>> channel. Can I set this up?
>
> Setting the "enable-remixing" option to "no" in /etc/pulse/daemon.conf
> should do the trick.

If you want to have the option to remix or not depending on random
(runtime) whims you can also load module-remap-sink and give a 2 channel
map setup to it and set the remix=no argument too.

That should allow you to move streams to that device that you do not
want upmixed. PA will remember this for you for next time.

Something like:

pactl load-module module-remap-sink sink_name="stereo" master="<NAME>"
master_channel_map="front-left,front-right"
channel_map="front-left,front-right" remix=no

I'm going from memory so the above is almost certainly wrong, but the
gist is right :p

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]