[pulseaudio-discuss] permanent microphone boost

Piscium groknok at yahoo.ie
Wed May 5 11:00:31 PDT 2010

I am completely ignorant about audio stacks, so I don't know if mic boost belongs in Alsa or PA. However as far as I know the only audio GUI that comes in the default installation for some distros is PulseAudio's. So from a usability point of view it would be nice to have a tick box for mic boost there. Such a tick box is for example available in Windows.

So I am happy that I found how to solve my problem with the help of the forum, but other people are probably not so lucky!