[pulseaudio-discuss] Does pulseaudio require alsa/oss

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue May 11 07:23:15 PDT 2010

'Twas brillig, and John Frankish at 11/05/10 14:45 did gyre and gimble:

Nothing immediately jumps out at me there, but I'm not an expert in the
kernel side of things.

Personally I'd ditch all of these:

CONFIG_SOUND_OSS=m
# CONFIG_SOUND_TRACEINIT is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_DMAP is not set
CONFIG_SOUND_VMIDI=m
CONFIG_SOUND_TRIX=m
CONFIG_SOUND_MSS=m
CONFIG_SOUND_MPU401=m
CONFIG_SOUND_PAS=m
CONFIG_SOUND_PSS=m
CONFIG_SOUND_SB=m
# CONFIG_SOUND_YM3812 is not set
CONFIG_SOUND_UART6850=m
# CONFIG_SOUND_AEDSP16 is not set
CONFIG_SOUND_KAHLUA=m

Doubt they would get in the way but they are all legacy OSS and we're
very much trying to get everyone to stop using the old stuff.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]