[pulseaudio-discuss] audio sync question

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri May 21 20:59:37 PDT 2010

On Friday 21 May 2010, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>'Twas brillig, and Gene Heskett at 21/05/10 17:27 did gyre and gimble:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> This morning I watched a utube link, the first 2 or 3 minutes of which
>> the audio was pretty scrambled, but as was typical it eventually got
>> itself sorted.
>>
>> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2VXN1zIt_g>
>>
>> Is this a src problem, or a PA problem?
>>
>> This is a 64 bit mdv-2010 install, uptodate as of yesterday.
>
>Worked flawlessly here in my Mdv Cooker 64 bit system.
>
>Col

Humm...  This seems to sort itself out eventually, being really crappy after
a reboot, but I've been listening to wfmu for about 15 minutes, flawlessly.
A days uptime seems to get things in a row.  When it first starts after a
reboot, I get the impression its playing the packets way out of order, so
badly it almost sounds like mixture of extreme print through on audio
cassette, pre and post echo's all over the time map. Weirdsville.

Thanks Colin.
--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)