[pulseaudio-discuss] console volume control

Brandon Kuczenski brandon.kuczenski at 301south.net
Sat May 22 20:34:24 PDT 2010

Since the list is so responsive, I thought I'd ask all my questions now.

Is there a terminal-mode volume control app for pulseaudio, comparable to
aumix?  if not, I'd like to highlight that as a minor but significant
oversight, particularly if the system has users with no GUI login.

'pavucontrol' works from a local terminal but doesn't seem to work when
logged in remotely- I get a gnome dialog [so it's not an X problem] saying
'connection refused'

Thanks in advance,
-Brandon