[pulseaudio-discuss] 0pointer.de bogon filters

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon May 24 15:52:03 PDT 2010

On Wed, 19.05.10 15:41, Colin Guthrie (gmane at colin.guthr.ie) wrote:

> 'Twas brillig, and Lennart Poettering at 19/05/10 15:16 did gyre and gimble:
> >On Wed, 19.05.10 07:20, Neil Wilson (neil at aldur.co.uk) wrote:
> >
> >>Forgive me for spamming the list, but it seems that the bogon
> >>filtering on your site (or upstream provider) may be out of date. I
> >>can't get to it from the 2.99.x.x address my ISP has given me, which
> >>is a newly allocated RIPE block.
> >
> >filtering as in rbl/dns balcklists or as in firewall?
> >
> >We run no firewall on the machine, and the rbls are normal rbls with no
> >local configuration, so if there's a problem, then there is a problem
> >with the provider or the rbl people.
>
> It's a list of IP ranges that are to be ignored in the DNS setup.
> The list generally gets included in the named.conf file.

In which form? My own server does not have a list like that. I see no
configuration for anything like that. I certainly didn't configure it
like that and I am kinda sure something like this is not configured in
the defaults either.

> As the nameservers are ns.0pointer.de and some other one, the
> outdated list could be on your server and/or on ns10.schlundtech.de.

Hmm, looks like a problem of the latter DNS server then.

Neil, if you ask ns.0pointer.de directly, do you have problems like this
too? If not, could you please ping the ns10.schlundtech.de folks instead?

lennart [at] poettering [dot] net