[pulseaudio-discuss] [RFC] disabling monitor source patch

pl bossart bossart.nospam at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 07:35:20 PDT 2010

Hi,
As part of the passthrough/compressed data support in PulseAudio, we
need to disable monitoring. The main use of monitoring is to build
peakmeters to show volume information, and that just doesn't make
sense for compressed raw data....
I started disabling the monitor sources, but I found out some isses
with the specific modules (dbus interface, http protocol, rygel
server), where I could use some help. I have no idea what these pieces
of code do and what the behavior should be if there is no monitor
source for a specific sink. These isssues are highlighted with FIXME
in the code.
Thanks for your feedback,
-Pierre