[pulseaudio-discuss] Choose remote default sink fromcommandline?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Nov 9 02:31:58 PST 2010

'Twas brillig, and Dave at 09/11/10 03:26 did gyre and gimble:
> At 04:25 AM 11/8/2010, you wrote:
>> 'Twas brillig, and Dave at 08/11/10 02:21 did gyre and gimble:
>> laptop,

>> server

>> openly

> I tried adding each of the following (one at a time of course) to
> ~/.bashrc and none of these variations worked:
>
> export PULSE_SERVER=192.168.1.64

This is the only form you need. I presume you logged out and back in
again after setting this env var?

Try this on the command line and post the results:

export PULSE_SERVER=192.168.1.64
export PULSE_LOG=99
paplay -vvv /usr/share/sounds/startup3.wav

(in the last command you may need to pick your own wav file if that one
does not exist).

The debug output from that should help to pinpoint where the problem lies.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]