[pulseaudio-discuss] dynamically changing alsa sink/source sampling rate

Baek Chang baeksan at ccrma.stanford.edu
Tue Nov 16 21:41:38 PST 2010

Well say the client/user had a legitimate reason to switch the sampling rate
(for example, low power usage or hw limitations for certain applications
where it has to be a fixed sampling rate).  Would it be possible to suspend
all sink/sources, reconfigure the sink/source by changing the configuration,
then unsuspend them.  Pops and clicks can be minimized with the proper
sequencing, not eliminated but made as silent as possible.

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 11:12 PM, pl bossart <bossart.nospam at gmail.com>wrote:

> > I think that would solve the (or my) most common use-case (imho):
> >
> > play music (usually 44100hz)
> > stop music
> > play movie (usually 48000hz)
> > stop movie
> > (rinse and repeat)
>
> Yeah, I am only talking about 44.1 and 48 changes. All the other
> frequencies can be resampled fairly easily.
> -Pierre

-baeksanchang