[pulseaudio-discuss] How to capture one of multiple radios that these radios play at the same time?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Nov 18 15:36:05 PST 2010

'Twas brillig, and Tsai Yu-Chin at 18/11/10 23:09 did gyre and gimble:
> Excuse me.
> When I play 3 radios at the same time,
> how to capture one of them using PulseAudio?
> Using Asynchronous API?
>
> I study PulseAudio Volume Control of PulsaAudio Device Chooser Project,
> but I capture one audio which combine 3 radios.
>
> How can I capture one audio which is from one of three radios?

Have a look at the pavucontrol source. It uses a sink input monitor to
draw the vumeters on the "Playback" tab. This should allow you to locate
the stream you want to record and open it's monitor.

I've not done this myself, but I suspect that the code itself will lead
the way. Let me know if you get stuck and I'll try and look it up for you.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]