[pulseaudio-discuss] How to capture one of multiple radios that these radios play at the same time?

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Thu Nov 18 21:20:05 PST 2010

On Thu, 2010-11-18 at 21:29 -0500, Tsai Yu-Chin wrote:
> Thank you for your help.
> I refer to source code of pavucontrol and I program a simple code below:

It seems that you pretty much correctly set up a record stream that
records from a single playback stream. How do you play the three radios?
Do they appear as three separate streams in pavucontrol?

Are you sure you give the correct sink input index as the parameter to
your program? In case you use a remap sink or something similar, you
might be recording from the sink's own playback stream that has the
radio streams mixed - this doesn't sound very likely, but I don't
understand how else you could be getting mixed audio...

One more thing: you certainly do not want to use the
PA_STREAM_PEAK_DETECT flag. That will mangle the audio so that writing a
peak meter is easier (pavucontrol uses the flag, because it shows the
peak meters for all the streams).