[pulseaudio-discuss] How to capture one of multiple radios that these radios play at the same time?

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Fri Nov 19 08:14:46 PST 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-19 at 13:48 +0000, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> You appear to be using the sink_input_index value before you even run
> the main loop... This value will just contain the default values and
> thus I suspect they all have 0's which ultimately maps to the default
> monitor source and no specific sink input.
>
> You need to run the main loop and let all the necessary call backs be
> called and get all the necessary index values before you actually use them.

The program does run the mainloop, using pa_mainloop_iterate in a few
places. And sink_input_index is given on the command line anyway, not
queried from anywhere. To me it looks like the program is pretty
correct. I can verify that it really records the mixed audio, though. I
wonder if the separate stream monitoring feature has broken at some
point - I think it's not widely used.