[pulseaudio-discuss] Couple of PA problems

James Harkins jamshark70 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 05:23:14 PST 2010

At Sat, 27 Nov 2010 12:10:28 +0100,
Paul Menzel wrote:
> > 2. As a workaround for problem #1, I thought I could turn down the
> > main system volume and then turn up the volume in client applications.
> > But I found, for instance, that changing the system volume also
> > changes the volume in rhythm box and vice versa.
> >
> > Why are these not independent? Where is the preference so that I can
> > make them independent?
>
> Please take a look at the Wiki page PulseAudioStoleMyVolumes [1] linked
> from [2].

Hm... that might be a different question. I'm not talking about the hardware-level mixers. I'm talking about the master PA volume control and the volume control in a PA client application -- a higher level of abstraction, not the lower level mentioned in the wiki article.

James

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world
jamshark70 at dewdrop-world.net