[pulseaudio-discuss] Couple of PA problems

James Harkins jamshark70 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 01:12:11 PST 2010

At Sat, 27 Nov 2010 06:02:51 -0500,
Sean McNamara wrote:
> Why they are not independent: Good question ;-) The answer is that
> PA's flat-volumes feature is enabled by default.

It gets a little more weird. Today, I tried to reproduce the behavior after opening rhythmbox. No problem -- the volume controls seemed to be independent.

After a couple hours, and listening to some music, they are linked again.

It seems like, if the master volume is at a high level, lowering the volume in rhythm box doesn't change the master volume. But, if the master is turned down, bringing up the rhythm box volume slider also increases the master.

Changing the master (in either direction) also changes the rhythm box setting.

I wonder... the problem started to reproduce after plugging in my iPod. I can't imagine why that would make a difference, but this whole thing is strange enough, anything is possible.

Thanks,
James

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world