[pulseaudio-discuss] Progress of 'dynamic default sink' or 'device preference list'?

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 23:48:21 PST 2010

Hi all,

Now that 0.9.22 is finally out, I'm wondering what happened to what
Colin mentioned some time back about 'device preferences'. As I
understood at the time, assuming 3 possible sound devices (which may or
may not be plugged in):-
1. New streams would be automatically sent to the highest priority
device on starting
2. Streams which have been manually moved would stay where they've been
moved to.
3. When another device which has a higher priority is plugged in, all
streams (except for those in 2.) are moved to it.

This scheme was mentioned in preference to a generic "move all sound to
latest plugged-in-device" scheme, I believe.

Are there any plans in this direction?