[pulseaudio-discuss] Jitter when using compositing (a.k.a. screen effects) in KDE 4

Frode Severin Hatlevik frodeseverin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 04:09:24 PDT 2010

> Perhaps it's related to resampling? Does it happen with all audio files
> or only certain ones?
>
> You could try and edit /etc/pulse/daemon.conf and change the
> resample-method to e.g. "trivial". If the problem is related to
> resampling, this should reduce the CPU burden.
>
> Other than that I'd go for some driver issues as Daniel outlined.
>
> Col

I run Debian GNU/Linux Squeeze/testing. My software versions are as follows:
$ pulseaudio --version
pulseaudio 0.9.21-rebootstrapped-dirty

$ kwin --version
Qt: 4.6.3
KDE Development Platform: 4.4.5 (KDE 4.4.5)
KWin: 4.4.5 (KDE 4.4.5)

I don't feel like installing too much software from outside the
repositories. It is too much of a hassle for me to maintain.

I believe kwin is responsible for the screen effects in KDE.

I will try changing the resample method, and see what happens.

;)Frode

--
Da sa Gud: "Det bli lys!"
Og det ble lys.