[pulseaudio-discuss] Switching devices by application

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Mon Oct 11 02:34:19 PDT 2010

Hello,

I seek advice configuring my PulseAudio setup on my Ubuntu Desktop. What I
want is use my headphone for phone calls (using BRIA SIP client for Linux) and
the soundcard to listen to music.

Both devices should work separately and automated i.e. when a phone call comes
in don't switch manually from soundcard to headphone etc., but have it
assigned to the headphone automatically.

The people who produce BRIA told me, it is out of their SIP client's control
to trigger/control which device should be used and told me this needs to be
configured in my PulseAudio server instead.

I looked up the documentation, but could figure out if and how it would be
done in PulseAudio.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

Patrick

--
state of mind
Digitale Kommunikation

http://www.state-of-mind.de

Franziskanerstraße 15	   Telefon +49 89 3090 4664
81669 München              Telefax +49 89 3090 4666