[pulseaudio-discuss] Switching devices by application

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Oct 11 06:55:05 PDT 2010

'Twas brillig, and Patrick Ben Koetter at 11/10/10 14:44 did gyre and
gimble:
> * Colin Guthrie <pulseaudio-discuss at mail.0pointer.de>:
>> 'Twas brillig, and Patrick Ben Koetter at 11/10/10 14:10 did gyre and
>> gimble:
>>> Sent to the list, but it hangs in there because the attachment is too big.
>>> Want me to ZIP it and send it again? Send it to you offlist? Release it from
>>> mailmans moderation list (not that I could...)?
>>
>> It's OK, I'll just wait until it escapes the moderation queue...
>> Annoyingly I'm not a list admin so I can't push it through myself... I
>> think we need to up the size limit anyway... will try and get that done
>> if I can wake Lennart up :D
>>
>> If you like, slap the data in a pastebin (e.g. www.fpaste.org) and post
>> the link (and the attachment when it comes through can be a more
>> permanent record :))
>
> <http://www.fpaste.org/abC4/> (pasted for one day)

Cool, thanks.

The bad news is, the automatic foo is not working.

As you can see your device has a "form factor" of headset:
http://www.fpaste.org/abC4/#359

But the code that sets up the intended role only currently checks for
form factors of "handset" and "hands-free":
http://git.0pointer.de/?p=pulseaudio.git;a=blob;f=src/pulsecore/sink.c;h=ff4cc17331a0f2bf3364b1823708aab14e40fef3;hb=HEAD#l2710

IMO, I think a form factor of headset should have an intended role of
phone here, but others may disagree. I'll submit an RFC email to this
list to gather feedback.

Thanks for this :)

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]