[pulseaudio-discuss] pax11publish -e -S

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Sat Oct 23 19:49:06 PDT 2010

Greetings,

I am having an issue regarding pax11publish. I followed a tcp howto
for PA from the following site:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio

and am looking to have my localhost be the default PA server in my
audio environment with the option to route audio through the speakers
attached a computer called, zombie, on my network.

If I set a server up in /etc/pulse/client.conf like so:

default-server = zombie  (zombie is the name of my system)

and use pax11publish to toggle between the two systems, localhost and zombie:

pax11publish -e -r  (set audio to zombie)
pax11publish -e -S localhost (set audio to localhost)

Things work as expected.

However, if I comment out the default-server line in the config file:

; default-server =

and use the following pax11publish command:

pax11publish -e -S zombie (set audio to zombie - DOESN'T WORK)

it doesn't work to route audio to zombie.

I have all the cookie magic and networking stuff working correctly (or
so it seems from my first working example, above, I gave.)

Is pax11publish not supposed to work this way?

Thanks,

-matt zagrabelny