[pulseaudio-discuss] pax11publish -e -S

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Sun Oct 24 03:58:00 PDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 2:01 AM, Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:

> For what it's worth, when you first log into X11, PA loads the modules
> module-x11-publish (via start-pulseaudio-x11), which should export the
> properties you need and not require pax11publish to be run manually.

I didn't mention that 'zombie' is a headless system and PA is running
in system mode.

> Make sure you are not using padevchooser as it's messes about with the
> x11 properties and the default setup should be sufficient for your needs.

Sure. I've stayed away from padevchooser after seeing recommendations
to not use it on the list. Its interface is still pretty nice, though.

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to send one application to
another SINK/SERVER or do you need to send all of your local audio
traffic to it?

Thanks,

-matt