[pulseaudio-discuss] Protecting system wide settings

john owen-jones blackest_knight at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 4 02:14:37 PDT 2010

I really don't know where this comes in probably built in to the preamp of the sound chip I seem to remember amplifier designs that worked similarly if the microphone was 2 separate microphones there wouldnt be a problem its possible acer engineers decided to physically tie them together for the internal microphone. using an external microphone there isn't this issue.

microphone levels don't really need to be set per application although they could be.  However who is in charge of my netbook me or google or skype or ekiga .  I should be in control and currently PulseAudio grants control to whoever fights hardest.

Michał Sawicz

john owen-jones pisze:
> any chance that the super user can set and lock the input levels?

Michał Sawicz

Where do you think this phase reversion takes place? Maybe it would be
simply better to fix that, if possible? This really doesn't seem like
correct behavior.

pulseaudio-discuss at mail.0pointer.de
https://tango.0pointer.de/mailman/listinfo/pulseaudio-discuss