[pulseaudio-discuss] module-udev-detect.c:235: undefined reference to `pa_fopen_cloexec' during 'make install'

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Sun Sep 5 22:48:58 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 00:47 +0200, Ivar Mossin wrote:
> and the install process ended with the following error:
>
> libtool: install: warning: relinking `module-udev-detect.la'

<snip>

> undefined reference to `pa_fopen_cloexec'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

It looks a lot like the problems I've have a few times in the past. The
error happens at the relinking phase, and it would seem logical that if
the initial linking succeeds, then so should the relinking... From what
I've seen, the error seems to always happen with new functions only,
which leads to suspecting that there's some incorrect caching going on,
but I think I've tried creating a fresh clone, which didn't help. I
don't know what fixes the problem, but it has always gone away after
keeping some pause from PA development...

--
Tanu Kaskinen