[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulseaudio runs, but there's no sound

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Sep 12 05:22:26 PDT 2010

'Twas brillig, and Ozgur at 12/09/10 15:19 did gyre and gimble:
> hi,
>
> finally after compile-updating 3/4 of my system, i was able to compile and make pulseaudio
> up and running. It runs. applications such as mplayer/sype etc run, but there's no sound :(
> checked out mixer, unmuted everything, no success. i'm using kernel 2.6.25.9 with no support
> for udev and high resolution timers.
>
> here's the output of pulseaudio -v

> any suggestions?

Some general things:
 1. Make sure you're compliing from the stable-queue branch in git. It's
got ~170 odd patches on top of 0.9.21 that will likely become 0.9.22 in
the not too distant future.

 2. I'd recommend module-hal-detect rather than module-detect. This is
deprecated in favour of udev, but it's still better for your old kernel.

 3. I'd recommend updating your kernel to the latest one. You'll find a
lot of alsa driver updates and other fixes that could ultimate affect
things.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]