[pulseaudio-discuss] Routing of audio to loudspeakers or headphones

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Sep 14 07:16:41 PDT 2010

'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 14/09/10 15:10 did gyre and gimble:
> 'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 14/09/10 15:00 did gyre and gimble:
>> 'Twas brillig, and Kim Therkelsen at 14/09/10 10:48 did gyre and gimble:
>>> Based on the advice from Colin Guthrie I am now trying to modify the
>>> module-ladspa-sink module so that it takes a "master_port" argument and
>>> only creates the virtual sink when the master sink's port matches the
>>> argument value (and unload it when it changes). I think it should be
>>> possible to leave the master_port argument out and let the functionality
>>> fall back to the original functionality to ensure backward compatibility.
>>
>> Yes, backwards compatibility is a good plan.
>>
>>> Furthermore I have updated module-ladspa-sink to support multiple audio
>>> channels based on:
>>> http://www.pulseaudio.org/attachment/ticket/410/pulseaudio-0.9.12-multichannel-ladspa.patch
>>
>> Oh dear, that's been there an awful long time :(
>>
>> I guess it's been missed due to general Trac weirdness :(
>
> Incidentally, just on this particular point....
>
> If you do update module-ladspa-sink and bring that patch up to date (I'm
> not sure how much work was needed to make it work with current git
> master?), then please submit this patch separately to the one adding the
> master_port support.

(sorry for multiple replies)

Oh and now I look at the patch itself, when you are tidying it up, can
you change the terminology a bit. I see it adds input_ and
output_port_map arguments. As this patch is based of 0.9.12, this is
before we added support for "ports" in PA itself.

Ultimately can you change the term "port" as used here, to not conflict
with our own "port" terminology? I guess something
"input_ladspaport_map" or similar to differentiate it.

Internal variable names should probably also be adapted for the same
reasons of clarity.

Hope that makes sense.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]