[pulseaudio-discuss] Pulse segfault when xcb related funcitnos are called.

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Sep 17 01:42:07 PDT 2010

'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 17/09/10 09:22 did gyre and gimble:
> I guess it's likely some resurfacing of something similar to this.
>

> So I think that's all a red herring.

Go go gadget contradict-o-tron.

Ignore the first line, I think those bugs are likely unrelated.

I wonder if perhaps it's a problem that there are no screens :s

Perhaps calling:

xcb_setup_roots_length() first and checking the value to see if it's > 0
would avoid the problems?

Actually in looking at this I think I can see how to fix the missing
functionality in the master version which appears to check additional
screens of the display. I'm obviously only chekcing the first, with this
patch (as did 0.9.21) but git master checks additional screens.

I guess checking for the length is a valid thing to do.

Are you able to reproduce the bug yourself?

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]