[pulseaudio-discuss] [RFC - MP3 passthrough over A2DP 1/2] mp3 passthrough: core changes

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Sep 22 01:55:03 PDT 2010

'Twas brillig, and Tanu Kaskinen at 22/09/10 08:13 did gyre and gimble:
> Again, unless there's a good reason not to, I'd put
> pa_assert(spec->format != PA_MP3) here.

If the plan is to add other codec support longer term, then perhaps a
function is better?

e.g.

pa_assert(!pa_format_is_compressed(spec->format));

That way others can be added more easily in the future?
(not sure if this is a concern or if PA_MP3 would be better named as
PA_ENCODED_DATA, but my guess is that some kind of timing information
will eventually be extracted from MP3 streams to control processor wake
up/sleep times etc, and thus individual encoding systems would have to
be identified separately as is currently with PA_MP3)

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]