[pulseaudio-discuss] 61ms delay in pa_simple_write()

pl bossart bossart.nospam at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 06:23:48 PDT 2010

Hi Fengguang,

> Hmm it seems there are zero memory allocation delays, so it's at least
> not the root cause of the qemu delays in my case.

Can you run a sanity check with the tsched=0 option at the end of the
module-udev-detect line in your /usr/etc/default.pa file? This will
disable the use of timers and instead use the ALSA period events to
wake-up the real-time thread. PulseAudio will then behave as a
traditional ALSA front-end. If this works, then it means the logic
behind the timer-based scheduling fails in your system.
-Pierre