[pulseaudio-discuss] Can I push a tag on master to set the version?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Sep 25 04:08:01 PDT 2010

Hi,

I've had a few people recently ask me about the version of git master.

As it's based on git tags, I'd like to push a tag to git master called
e.g. "v0.10.0-pre1" or "v0.9.23-pre1" (reserving v0.9.22 for stable-queue)

This will "fix" the version when building from git master. That said if
we do make a 0.9.22 from stable-queue and then release another from s-q,
before master is truly stabilised, then we would likely want to delete
any tags on master that are confusing or incorrect.

We can also talk about rebasing and other resolutions here, but if
possible that should be avoided.

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]