[pulseaudio-discuss] Semaphore lockup when using threaded mainloops excessively

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Apr 1 06:25:42 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 01/04/11 13:28 did gyre and gimble:
> Will take a look at your test to see if I can reproduce here, but as I
> said before, it may not be until Sunday... hopefully some of the others
> can chime in.

OK, I took a (very) quick look.

I tweaked the Makefile.am to not add your test to the TEST variable as
these are all run on "make check". As your test requires a running
daemon this cannot be done here. As you see from the comment above,
there are several other tests skipped for the same reason.

I also changed the test itself a little bit so that it prints it's
progress as it goes as I wasn't sure how far through the test I'd gotten.

I've now run the test twice all the way through and not had a crash.
This is either good or bad news depending on your take on it.

I've pushed this to git master now so that more people can test.

I did test against my installed server which is a few commits older but
this should still be susceptible to this crash, so I think the results
are still valid.

Now that the test is in the tree, hopefully it'll get more test coverage.

I'm on x86_64 if that's relevant...



Colin Guthrie

Day Job:
  Tribalogic Limited [http://www.tribalogic.net/]
Open Source:
  Mageia Contributor [http://www.mageia.org/]
  PulseAudio Hacker [http://www.pulseaudio.org/]
  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]

More information about the pulseaudio-discuss mailing list