[pulseaudio-discuss] intermittent audio

Dean Wilson dean.k.wilson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 19:43:26 PDT 2011

I'm not sure if this is the right venue, but I'm not sure where else to
ask.  If there's a more appropriate place, please let me know.

I recently upgraded my MythTV server from Fedora 11 to Fedora 14.  Now the
only way to get sound to work is to follow these steps:

Start the audio source so that there's an audio stream
Open the Pulseaudio Volume Control panel
Click the "Configuration" tab,
Change "Internal Audio" to any profile other than the current one
Change "Internal Audio" back to the original profile ( Digital Stereo Duplex
(IEC958) )

At this point, the audio works.  But if I change from watching one show in
MythTV to another, I have to go through the whole process again.  It's like
as soon as pulseaudio loses a signal, it has to be reset.  The issue is odd
enough that I don't even know what keywords to search for to see if this is
a common problem - has anyone heard of this?  Does anyone have any
suggestions for how to fix or troubleshoot it?

Thanks for your help,
~Dean