[pulseaudio-discuss] 2 minor issues noticed with padsp

Drew Ogle dantealiegri at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 14:25:51 PDT 2011

Hi,

I have a really old application that uses oss interfaces, and noticed that
when attempting to run via padsp it would fail ( as opposed to with aoss ).
After talking with Ford_Prefect in #pulseaudio, we narrowed down the problem
to protocol-native.c
Attached is a patch which allows padsp's get_sink_info call to success on
the server side ( drop-invalid-check ).
He mentioned that name is allowed to be null; which makes me think it might
be less confusing to just do a *name check and then no others.

Additionally, I noticed that in padsp.c it was recieving two callbacks in
both sink and source_info_cb. As this appears to be the desired behavior in
introspect.c, I modified the _cb functions to only notify if success was not
already set.

-drew