[pulseaudio-discuss] glib functions on PA

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Apr 21 09:21:37 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Margarita Olaya at 21/04/11 17:16 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi Tanu,
>
> On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 12:12 AM, Tanu Kaskinen <tanuk at iki.fi> wrote:

>>> I'm not aware of any PA code that uses glib for this. module-pipe-sink
>>> seems to do most of the things you need so that might serve as a good
>>> starting point.
>>
>> Also, the server side code doesn't use glib for anything - the glib
>> dependency has been avoided on purpose. (I don't know or remember the
>> details why Lennart has been avoiding glib - is it only to keep the
>> amount of dependencies low, or are there some other reasons why PA
>> shouldn't use glib.)
>
> If that is the case, It looks that it is better to keep the simple
> file operations, right? Otherwise I'll add a glib dependency.

Yes, please use the various pa_ functions already in use for other basic
file operations. No glib deps in the core PA or modules (module-gconf is
an exception but even it will die away soon - for various values of "soon").

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]