[pulseaudio-discuss] how to set buffer attributes in 0.9.15

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Apr 26 03:53:09 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Tanu Kaskinen at 25/04/11 18:15 did gyre and gimble:
> If 0.9.14 worked as you want, the switch to timer-based scheduling
> probably caused the change in behavior. If this application is used only
> on systems where you can dictate the pulseaudio daemon settings, then
> adding "tsched=0" to the line in /etc/pulse/default.pa where
> module-hal-detect is loaded may help.

I should also say that if it is timer-based scheduling that turns out to
be the cause, then there have been lots of timing fixes committed in PA
since 0.9.15 that may ultimately make your issue go away. (tho' if you
really need fixed samples, then perhaps not...)

0.9.15 really is very old now, so unless you are completely restricted,
I'd upgrade to the latest stable-queue (or at least 0.9.22).

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]