[pulseaudio-discuss] Need help to enable echo cancel in pulseaudio

ABDUL MOIZ abdulmoiz786 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 02:21:45 PDT 2011

Hi,

        I am able to load module-echo-cancel on my omap4 pandaboard only
after unloading module-suspend-on-idle, then again I am loading back the
module-suspend-on-idle.

when I change the default sink to echo-cancel sink,the pipeline

gst-launch alsasrc ! alsasink

is working fine.

But when i change the default source to echo-cancel, and run the above
pipeline, I am getting the following log

Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstAudioSrcClock
WARNING: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAlsaSrc:alsasrc0: Can't
record audio fast enough
Additional debug info:
gstbaseaudiosrc.c(822): gst_base_audio_src_create ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAlsaSrc:alsasrc0:
Dropped 331840 samples. This is most likely because downstream can't keep up
and is consuming samples too slowly.
WARNING: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAlsaSrc:alsasrc0: Can't
record audio fast enough
Additional debug info:
gstbaseaudiosrc.c(822): gst_base_audio_src_create ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAlsaSrc:alsasrc0:
Dropped 9071440 samples. This is most likely because downstream can't keep
up and is consuming samples too slowly.
WARNING: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAlsaSrc:alsasrc0: Can't
record audio fast enough
Additional debug info:
gstbaseaudiosrc.c(822): gst_base_audio_src_create ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAlsaSrc:alsasrc0:
Dropped 135515040 samples. This is most likely because downstream can't keep
up and is consuming samples too slowly.

And the daemon is getting killed and cpu usage is showing above 170%.

Can you please help me in

1. How module-echo-cancel is dependent on module-suspend-on-idle and how to
load both the modules in default.pa file

2.Why the above gst pipeline is not working and daemon is getting killed.

Regards,
Abdul Moiz