[pulseaudio-discuss] What can cause assertion '!s->thread_info.rewind_requested' failure in function pa_sink_render_into_full( ) of sink.c

Lin, Mengdong mengdong.lin at intel.com
Sun Aug 7 23:32:39 PDT 2011

I got the following assertion failure in sink.c:
E  sink.c: Assertion '!s->thread_info.rewind_requested' failed at pulsecore/sink.c:1123, function pa_sink_render_into_full(). Aborting.

Could somebody tell the possible reason? Why rewinding has not been processed properly?

I got this failure when I killed a sink-input in its move-finish hook to a new sink (is it safe?). Then this assertion failed in the new sink' IO thread.  I would be grateful if someone could give me some hint to debug this issue.

Thanks
Amanda