[pulseaudio-discuss] [patch] avoid fake rewind when setting cork state

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Aug 11 06:10:25 PDT 2011

'Twas brillig, and Colin Guthrie at 05/08/11 12:41 did gyre and gimble:
> 'Twas brillig, and xing wang at 05/08/11 05:46 did gyre and gimble:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does anyone has comment on this patch?
>
> Sorry, I forgot about this one. I had it marked as unread, but it fell
> of the bottom of my unread list. Thanks very much for pinging it up again.
>
> I think it looks good, but I'll go over it with a few people in the next
> few days! It's certainly a problem, so it needs fixed and this patch
> looks like the right fix on first glance.

OK, so this causes the following assert:

E: [alsa-sink] sink-input.c: Assertion
'PA_SINK_INPUT_IS_LINKED(i->thread_info.state)' failed at
../../src/pulsecore/sink-input.c:1049, function
pa_sink_input_update_max_request(). Aborting.

This is done when a stream is in a START_CORKED state I believe (paplay
triggered it).

Either way this cannot be done yet.... can you come up with a better
patch that doesn't break paplay and friends?

  Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]