[pulseaudio-discuss] pa_mix 32Bit write for S16NE format

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Wed Aug 17 06:45:34 PDT 2011

On 08/17/2011 12:28 PM, kuldeep ghan wrote:
> I get same bus error when trying to play two streams using paplay also.
> I have verified that Its due to 16 Bit write to 32 bit aligned Memory.
> My main concern is,
> what am I doing wrong in writing two 16Bit samples to simulate 32Bit write.

I think this is something that belongs to the compiler domain rather
than incorporated into program code. I e, shouldn't the compiler
automatically do this when compiling for the OMAP4 target? We can rarely
be the one and only program running into this error, right? Better fix
it once in the compiler, than working around it in each and every program?

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic