[pulseaudio-discuss] spelling, recieve

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Dec 1 09:20:09 PST 2011

Hi,

Best to keep replies on list if possible :)

'Twas brillig, and Peter Meerwald at 01/12/11 16:36 did gyre and gimble:
>> I'll merge the patch in shortly after a bit of testing.
>
> ok, thanks
>
>> Are you OK for your email address/name to be used in the git commit?
>
> yes; I plan to work a bit more on PulseAudio: documentation, make speex
> optional, work no the AEC module

Cool.

> is there a preferred way to receive patches?

Two main ways. For "drive by" fixes (i.e. occasional contributions in
relatively small chunks) then "git format-patch" output is preferred
(you can use "git send-email" to do this automatically and send the
resulting patches to the list)

For bigger changes or more regular contributions, then a git repository
where we can pull your commits from is sometimes preferred.

More often than not the first method is the preferred one.

All the best and I look forward to your contributions!

  Trac Hacker http://trac.edgewall.org/