[pulseaudio-discuss] daemon ping-pongs the sink port

Tony Bernardin sarusama at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 11:05:08 PST 2011

Thanks for the reply. This change is happening all the time regardless of
if I have anything plugged in or not.

I'm willing to accept that I might have a hardware problem. I don't
currently have a working windows to try it out under a different OS. Is
there a way I could debug this issue further, e.g., could I somehow check
the jack detection? Could I see the hardware events in some log? What
driver (kernel module?) is responsible for producing those events? Would it
be possible to try another driver?

Here's what hardware lister says I have:
product: 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio
Controller [8086:1C20]
vendor: Intel Corporation [8086]
bus info: pci at 0000:00:1b.0
version: 05