[pulseaudio-discuss] what's the minimum requirement for a PA sink module

wang dengyi dy_wang at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 1 07:15:20 PST 2011

Hi Guys,

We use pulseaudio as the audio server on our Linux system but the real sound card is on the other OS which only provides a very basic audio driver. The audio driver only receive the PCM data (in certain format) and play it back. That's all for the sound card. So we need a very minimum sink module for PA. What's the minimum requirement for this sink? Could the sink just blindly dump the audio data to the audio driver?

Regards,

Dengyi Wang