[pulseaudio-discuss] Making USB DAC the default sink

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Dec 15 08:00:33 PST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Jeffrey Barish at 15/12/11 15:30 did gyre and gimble:
> On Thu 15 06:48:25 Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> 'Twas brillig, and Dalleau, Frederic at 15/12/11 09:57 did gyre and gimble:
>>> Hi Jeffrey,

>>> Maybe module-switch-on-connect can help you
>>> http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/Modules#module-switch-on-connect
>>>
>>> In combination with module-default-device-restore, you should always
>>> have the default sink point to the latest connected device.
>>
>> Yup, this is the short term solution.
>>
>> In the future (next 6 months hopefully) then the priority list routing
>> system should make this a bit easier to configure.
>>

>> Col
>
> module-switch-on-connect looks perfect, but I don't seem to have it.  I am
> running version 0.9.21-63-gd3efa-dirty (on Ubuntu Server 10.10).  What do I
> need to do to get module-switch-on-connect?

You need to update to PA 1.0+ (we recommend PA 1.1. It should be quite
easy to build for older distros as only one additional dep in json-c.

Someone may provide packages for older distros via a PPA or something.

All the best.

  Trac Hacker http://trac.edgewall.org/