[pulseaudio-discuss] Properties to suppress save/restore of stream volumes

Arun Raghavan arun.raghavan at collabora.co.uk
Tue Feb 1 06:55:39 PST 2011

Hey folks,
While playing with Rhythmbox a bit, I found myself needing to suppress
saving/restoring of stream volumes sometimes, namely when a stream needed to be
created + faded in or faded out + destroyed. While it is possible to manage
this in the client with some extra logic (ignore volume notifications when
starting up and cork and reset volume after fade out), I thought it might be
nice to have a simpler way to control this.

I'm attaching a patch to add new properties (in a new "stream." namespace) that
do this. It does make the client code look nicer, and if nobody has any major
objections, could probably go in.

Cheers,
Arun