[pulseaudio-discuss] No Jack Sense and Microphone with Pulseaudio

Christian Petrov who-ah at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 2 11:24:25 PST 2011

Hello!

I'm using Arch x86_64 + KDE on an Acer Aspire 5536g and jack sense and microphone don't work with pulseaudio. Interesting is that pulseaudio works perfectly fine when started with 'pulseaudio --start' just when installed, but after a system restart jack sense and microphone stop functioning and Phonon keeps popping "falling back to xyz device" errors, although audio works fine generally. Jack sense and microphone work fine without pulseaudio.

I've tried settingCode: options snd-hda-intel model=acer
for ALSA and I get no sound output at all,Code: options snd-hda-intel model=auto
gives the same results as without this line.

Ubuntu 10.10 x64 installation with pulseaudio on the same machine works fine.

Help appreciated!